One of the most common mistakes people make on a low-carb diet is not eating enough fat.If you eat low carb and low fat, that leaves you with nothing but protein.
If you eat nothing but protein, you will eventually start feeling starved and abandon the diet.Every population that has thrived on a low-carb diet, such as the Inuit or Masai, have eaten lots of fat.
Here are 10 essential GOOD fats to incorporate into your diet:
- Raw Nuts (Almonds, Hazelnuts, Peanuts, cashews, etc)
- Coconut Milk
- Olive Oil
- Seeds (pumpkin, sunflower, etc)
- Wild Fish (salmon, herring, etc)
- Vegetable Oil (Coconut Oil, Peanut Oil, Walnut Oil, Avocado Oil, Sunflower Oil)
- Flax seeds and flax seed oil