Though we know Sylvester Stallone as one of the most inspiring celebrities of our generation, life has not always been much easier for him. Before movies like Rambo & Ricky, Sylvester Stallone was living a life of an ordinary fellow hustling for his dreams. In fact, his story is one of the saddest stories of Hollywood.
He was homeless, slept on street, sold his wife’s jewelry and at a point of time he also had to sell his dog for merely $25. But he didn’t lose courage. Turning point of his life was when he saw a boxing match between Muhammad Ali and Chuck Wepner. He was so inspired by the match that he wrote up a script for Rocky in 3 days. What happened next is history.
If you’re looking for inspiration, no celebrity can be better than Sylvester Stallone. Here are 18 quotes by Sylvester Stallone that’ll keep you hustling.
- You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain’t about how hard you hit. It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.
- Once in one’s life, for one mortal moment, one must make a grab for immortality; if not, one has not lived.
- If you look back at life, I bet you will regret about 80% of your actions. But life consists of all mistakes.
- Remember the mind is your best muscle…BIG ARMS can move rocks, but BIG WORDS can move mountains….Ride the brain train for success.
- Your spiritual sense will make you either a winner or a loser.
- Every time I’ve failed, people had me out for the count, but I always come back.
- I am not the richest, smartest or most talented person in the world, but I succeed because I keep going and going and going.
- When you’re scared, when you’re hanging on, when life is hurting you, then you’re going to see what you’re really made of.
- I take rejection as someone blowing a bugle in my ear to wake me up and get going, rather than retreat.
- Going on one more round, when you don’t think you can that’s what makes all the difference in your life.
- Love is absolute loyalty. People fade, looks fade, but the loyalty never fades.
- I believe there’s an inner power that makes winners or losers. And the winners are the ones who really listen to the truth of their hearts.
- Success is usually the culmination of controlling failures.
- When I was in junior high school, the teacher voted me the student most likely to end up in the electric chair.
- I stopped thinking the way other people think a long time ago. You gotta think like you think.
- Every champion was once a contender that refused to give up.
- Your spiritual sense will make you either winner or loser.
- I believe any success in life is made by going into an area with a blind and furious optimism.