Cristiano Ronaldo is known to have one of the best physiques in world football. And that physique is a result of the incredible training routine and stringent workouts he employs religiously, like many other top athletes in the world.
He has a very toned and muscular body with extremely low body fat. He is not shy to show off his calves or abs during goal celebrations either, famously baring his physique after scoring an extra-time penalty in Real Madrid’s Champions League final victory over Atletico Madrid.
Cristiano Ronaldo Workout Schedule
Ronaldo works out five days a week according to the schedule of the game and follows a strict regime training for three to four hours a day! To maintain the his fat levels (maintaining less than 10%), he practises for 3-4 hours daily, runs around 25-30 minute every day to boost his cardiovascular health , and also does sprinting drills explosive and high intensity exercises. Of course, Ronaldo has to keep in mind that he doesn’t bulk up too much since his agility and pace are his most powerful weapons. Here’s a look at his training regime on different days of the week:
The circuit should be repeated thrice
- Barbell Squat (reps: 8)
- Box Jump (20 inches, reps: 10)
- Broad Jump (reps: 8)
- Jumping Lunge (reps: 8 for each leg)
- Lateral Bound (12 inches, reps: 10)
The entire circuit is to be repeated thrice
- Burpee Pullup (reps: 10-15)
- Bench Dips (reps: 20)
- Pushups (reps: 20-30)
- Medicine Ball Toss (reps: 15)
- Push Press (reps: 10)
Concentrate on Quads or Cardio workouts
- Power Cleans (sets: 5, reps: 5)
- Sprinting (sets: 8, reps: 200 meters)
Focus on Stability and Core exercises for a tight and sculpted abs
- One-Arm Side Deadlift (for each arm sets: 3, reps: 5)
- Dumbbell One-Legged Deadlift (sets: 2, reps: 10)
- Knee Tuck Jump (sets: 3, reps: 10-12)
- Overhead Slam (sets: 3, reps: 10-12)
- One-Leg Barbell Squat (sets: 2, reps: 5)
- Hanging Leg Raise (sets: 3, reps: 10-15)
- Rope Jumping (sets: 10, rest: 1 min)
- Resistance Sprinting (sets: 10, reps: 50 meters)
Cristiano Ronaldo Diet Plan
The second most important thing after exercise is to have an appropriate diet in order to build a body like Ronaldo. It takes 6 meals a day and is very particular about his food intake. His diet includes mainly proteins, carbs and calories. The diet of an individual should be accordingly designed with respect to his/her workout routine. Ronaldo has been strict to his basic diet plan in order to get a good physique.
- Breakfast: It must include wholegrain or wholewheat cereal with fruit juice, foods like eggs, cereals, etc. for carbohydrates and proteins. A breakfast is recommended after a sound sleep of 8 hours so that the body is rested well.
- Lunch: It includes chicken/meat with salad, whole wheat pasta, baked potato, green vegetables, fruits or a low calorie meal. Chicken and pasta provides minerals, vitamins and proteins for lunch.
- Snack: Tuna roll with fruit juice/lemon juice
- Dinner: The dinner is rich in fiber as well as proteins and vitamins. It includes rice, beans, fruits and chicken.